Saturday, 15 August 2015

Crook Town 0 Dunston UTS 6

Dunston move on in FA Cup....
15th August 2015
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
Crook Town 0
Dunston UTS 6

Dunston travelled to Crook in their first FA cup game of the season to play Crook Town. Dunston are currently un beaten in their league Division 1 games scoring 12 goals in total and conceding nil in their first 2 games while Crook have one 1 game 2-1 and had the misfortune in mid-week to have their game abandoned when they ere winning 5-2 in Division 2. Dunston were favourites to win the game but we're approaching it with a bit of caution as the reward for success is not only a place in the next round but also a share of the FA Cup prize money.

On a better pitch than last week at Bedlington Dunston soon showed their strength and in the first minute Wilkinson headed a Francis corner just wide of the far post, 2 minutes later a Francis free kick was headed clear by Kemp and on 5 minutes Dunston took the lead as Smith played a ball into the Crook box from the half way line and Bulford neatly created his space and hit the ball into the net. On 9, Halliday crossed into the far post and it had to be cleared by Johnston. 3 minutes later a cross into Smith was deflected to Bulford whose shot was deflected wide of the far post, from the resulting Francis corner Wilkinson was able to side foot into the net from inside the six yard box for 2-0.

Play continued with Dunston defence preventing any dander to their goal and Briggs on the left wing creating issues at the Crook end with his crosses and running giving both Smith and Bulford opportunities. On 30 minutes a Crook free kick taken Brasaukas was headed over by Thompson. In reply a Francis free kick was deflected off the wall for a corner.
Dunston were creating chances continuously and only just missing the target, on 35 Francis played a neat one two with Bulford only for his shot to be deflected for yet another corner, on 36 Briggs from 25 yards out drove in a shot which struck the far post, followed by a Halliday header at the far post going just wide and then a Halliday shot was deflected for a corner and Bulford headed over the bar.
From another Brazaukas freekick Kemp at the far post direct his header over the bar. In the last 2 minutes of the half Francis had a free kick headed wide by McVickers and then on a dribble into the box he was tripped before getting his shot away just outside the box, Halliday fired the free kick over the bar.

Half Time Crook 0 Dunston 2

The second half continued as the first with Dunston again creating chances Halliday crossed for Smith to head across the goal, Crook to their credit continued to try a crack the Dunston defence and on 47, Brown was played through and on to Connell Liam was alert and raced to edge of his box to clear the danger. On 48, Halliday again crossed and Smith collected made space before slotting home number 3. within 2 minutes it was 4 as Richardson shot across goal was retrieved by Briggs and play between Briggs and Francis fed Richardson who made no mistake as he lashed the ball home from 15 yards out. On 55 another Crook free kick into the area was cleared by Wilkinson.
Dunston were dominating and still making chances as Francis made space and shot into the post, then Bulford had a shot saved by the sprawling Robinson pushing it around the post. On 65 Bulford again was denied as his cross come shot on the turn was saved by Robinson.

In a succession of attacks Bulford had 3 further attempts in 3 minutes to no avail. On 72 Francis took a quick free kick through to Richardson who shot was cleared by Robinson. On 74 Lough, a Crook substitute shot from 25 yards which Connell collected, on 75 another Francis freekick on the left edge of the box was eventually cleared after bouncing around in the Crook area, before Thear on for Briggs played a ball across to Smith who crossed into a run by Halliday who struck home number five. On 80, Smith played the ball into onto Morien, on for Bulford who shot wide of the near post from 10 yards out.
After 85 Dunston got their sixth and final goal after Francis played a hard low cross into the area and the unfortunate Kemp was unable to direct the ball wide of the Crook goal for an own goal. Play settled until the final whistle and Dunston were through to the next round against Holker Old boys from Barrow at Barrow in two weeks time.

This was a game that Dunston were expected to win, and in an immaculate way they subdued the Crook Challenge Ian's created multiple chances in front of goal against a Crook side who did not play badly but we're at times unable to cope with the Dunston pressure. A good win for Dunston against a Crook side who tried hard.

Dunston Man of the Match: Alex Francis, His skill and distribution of the ball was foremost in this victory, with Briggs and Smith also excelling on the flanks while Halliday
also put in a good shift and deserved his goal in the second half.

Crook Town: Robinson, McVickers, Wilson (Lough 70), Johnston, Kemp, Tinkler, Wright, Watkinson (Duggan 57), Brown, Thompson (Guthrie 48), Brasaukas. Subs not used:
Moody, Smith.
Dunston UTS: Connell, Pearson, Halliday, Burrell (Hodgson 70), Wilkinson, Gilhespy, Smith, Francis, Richardson, Bulford (Morien 73), Briggs (Thear 60). Subs not used: Clark,

Referee, Shane Sugden
Assistants, Anthony Jone and Paul Thompson

Match Pictures, can be biewed HERE

Report by T.C.

Programme £1:00

Next Game, 22nd August, Dunston UTS v Whitley Bay, Kick Off 3:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment