Saturday, 23 August 2014

Sunderland RCA 0 Dunston UTS 3

23rd August 2014
Northern League Div 1
Sunderland RCA  0
Dunston UTS 3
(Ormston 10, Fenwick 28, Kane 40)

Dunston travelled to for their first away league fixture against Sunderland RCA in the EBAC Northern League Division 1 fixture with 2 victories in their previous games at Morpeth Town in the FA Cup and Jarrow Roofing in the league. Sunderland however have yet to get a victory this season after losing their FA cup replay to Bishop Auckland in mid week after drawing last weekend 1-1 and losing both the league fixtures. Dunston were without Craggs, Wightman, Harrison and
Gary Shaw so Dale Burrell stepped into the right back slot and Dan Wilson retained his forward position after the midweek victory against Jarrow Roofing.

On a very autumnal day, including heavy rain showers, the game got underway on a pitch looking perfect for a football match. In the first minute Dunston won a corner and then a
Dan Wilson cross was just too high for Nicky Kane in front of goal. On 10 minutes Wilson on the halfway line turned with the ball and proceeded to play the ball to Kane on the left wing who made his way to the box where he returned the ball to Wilson who shot from 18 yards, Carmichael , the ex Dunston keeper could only watch as the ball went past him and hit the inside of the post and back into play straight to the incoming Gary Ormston who side footed his shot into the net for the opening goal for Dunston. RCA were quickly trying to get back into the game as Coe attempted to take on Dan Halliday on the right wing,

Halliday was patient and took his opportunity to dispossess him. On 16 minutes a Coe free kick from 30 yards out was deflected across the Dunston goal and away for a corner. After 22 minutes, Wilson again tantalised the RCA defence and a shot from the right edge of the box was beaten away by Carmichael. On 25, a free kick taken by Stanger for RCA, 30 yards out was deflected off the wall and out for a corner, the corner taken by Stanger was just too good for the incoming RCA forwards. On 28 minutes Dunston play was pulled back, and Dunston who had the advantage were awarded a free kick, Burrell dispatched the free kick into the 6 yard box here Fenwick was able to head home for 2 - 0 to Dunston.

2 minutes later a Halliday corner to the back post was met by Coulson but he was unable direct his header into the net. Carmichael was cautioned for dissent after Wilson won a corner on 34 minutes, the corner taken by Halliday found Gary Ormston at the back post but his header went over the bar.

On 40 minutes
Dale Burrell got in behind the RCA defence and drove a low cross in on goal from a narrow angle, the ball went loose in the 6 yard box and Dixon scrambled the ball to Nicky Kane who shot home from 6 yards for 3 - 0 to Dunston. From the kick off Michael Dixon dived into a challenge and fouled his opposing captain, Wood for which he earned a caution. On 44 minutes Wilson took on 3 players and got to the byline, he pulled his pass back to Nicky Kane whose shot was blocked, Just before half time Wood the RCA no 11 had a shot from 20 yards out which went over the bar.

Half Time Score 0-3

2 minutes into the second half, Fenwick was played in by Burrell but the defenders prevented him from dispatching a shot. On 48 minutes McNab went up the left wing but was matched by Gilhespy who put the ball out for a corner. Within a minute McNab was again attacking the Dunston area but his shot from 30 yards went wide. On 52, Burrell took a free kick to the back post but Ormstons header went wide. 2 minutes later Callan played in Kyle Morris's for RCA but the alert David Coulson managed to retrieve the ball and clear. On 57, a Halliday corner kick was headed wide by Coulson, a minute later, with Dunston looking for a goal to finish off RCA, had a corner from Burrell punched clear by Carmichael, Burrell retrieved and played the ball in again only for Carmichael to again punch clear this time to one of his players and safety.

Within a minute Callen was at the opposite end but his chip from 10 yards went over the bar, a minute later a Long Carmichael clearance caused indecision in the Dunston defence but Coulson again managed to clear the ball to safety. On 61, with RCA on a roll Wood shot but Connell was in position to save, 2 minutes later Wood was on the end of a Coe free kick his header beat Connell but Dixon cleared the Dunston area. In the best attacking move of the game on 70 minutes,
Dan Wilson controlled the ball holding off his defender, he then turned and played in Dixon on the edge of the 18 yard box, Dixon squared to Fenwick whose shot was somehow smothered by the advancing Carmichael and defender. On 72, Wilson took the ball down the left wing and forced a corner. Stanger on 78, played in a corner right across the Dunston goal evading the efforts of his on rushing team mates.

On 87, Morris shot from 10 yards over the bar and just before the final whistle in added on time Burrell played in Dixon who played it square to Fenwick whose shot was again smothered by Carmichael.

Dunston controlled the RCA team in the first half and earned there 3 goal advantage through a hard working team effort lead by the powerful efforts of
Dan Wilson holding up play and bringing into play his fellow team mates. In the second half, RCA put up a much harder fight and edged the half without really putting the Dunston goal at risk. the Dunston side in the second half were too casual, were lacking in challenges and gave away possession of the ball too easily but did just enough to stave off the RCA efforts for another 3 points

Dunston Man of the Match:
Dan Wilson, particularly in the first half was taunting the RCA defence and creating opportunities for his team mates, although he was substituted by Bulford on 77 minutes he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Others worth a mention were Fenwick, Dixon, Burrell and Coulson.

Sunderland RCA: Carmichael, Jury, McNab, Horsman, Brown, Wood (capt) (Morris (C) 50), Coe, Stanger, Morris (K), Callen, Wood Subs not used: Thomson, Guthrie, Halliday (S), Smith

Dunston UTS: Connell, Burrell, Halliday, S, Shaw ( Hodgson on 45 off for Burns 68), Coulson, Gilhespy, Kane, Dixon (Cpt), Fenwick, Wilson (Bulford 76), Ormston.

Referee.. J. Matthews
Assistants.. G. Todd, T. Pattison.

Attendance.. TBC

Next Game.. 26th August, League, Dunston UTS v West Auckland. Kick off 7:30pm.

Report by T.C

No comments:

Post a Comment