Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Harton & Westoe 0 Dunston UTS 3

Harton give Dunston a good work out..

21st July 2015
Friendly No 3
Harton & Westoe 0
Dunston UTS 3 (Francis, Morien, Richardson)

Dunston travelled to nearby South Shields for the 3rd friendly fixture against Harton & Westoe FC who have an impressive well maintained ground, club-house and facilities at the Harton & Westoe Miners Welfare Ground, just off the John Reid Road.
Once again Manager Billy Irwin has to shuffle his squad because of minor injuries and players away on holidays, but these are balanced by the return of Atkinson and the first introduction of Alex Francis who has just returned from holiday.

The game started in sunshine on a beautifully prepared pitch and both sides were showing that they were up for a challenge, Harton showed their metal as Heads broke and fired a ball across the Dunston goal and past the far post on 2 minutes, then Dunston replied with Burrell laying the ball off to Francis who shot also wide of the target. The game settled as both sides found their way.
On 16 Dan Smith had a shot collected by Greenham from 30 yards out and a minute later Morien played in a shot from the left edge of the area and Wilson just failed to poke home the rebound. Harton replied with the wide attacking play which resulted in a 25 yard shot by Carroll which Clark saved. A minute Later Dunston almost got the opener as a Francis corner from the left was headed goalwards by Burrell, which was stopped again by Greenham.
On 19 Burrell had shot from 12 yards out which went narrowly wide, followed by a marauding Morien beating his markers but placed his shot wide. Harton still broke well and on 22 won a corner after Cooper was played in on the left wing but Pearson recovered to defend his goal. On 25 Morien again shot across the Harton Goal and just past the post, 3 minutes later, Harrison played in a cross from the left and Thear headed on target but it was blocked and cleared. Dunston were creating chances but as yet still needed to find their scoring boots on 34, Morien laid a ball off to Burrell who shot over the bar, before Morien again shot low and hard across the Harton goal.
On 40 minutes Harton still showed they were up for the fight as60 Francis took a free kick from the edge of the area but it was just over the bar. On 65 Francis played in to Richardson whose return gave Francis a chance which was shot wide. Richardson was buzzing in the forward line and he played in Harrison whose shot was saved, before Morien also creating his space had Heads was found in space on the left and shot over the cross bar. Before half time Dunston paid siege just on the edge of the Harton area playing a controlled passing game before Burrell played off to Harrison who shot wide of the target. Half time score 0-0

No changes at half time to either side and both sides again met the challenge, Dunston created the first chance 5 minutes into the half as Francis shot from 25 yards out and Greenham again pulled out a save. On 54 Francis broke the deadlock with a 20 yard shot after Morien and Richardson, on for Wilson, had combined to produce the opportunity on the edge of the box 1-0 to Dunston.
On another shot go just wide of the target. Harton rallied and almost equalised when substitute Rogers blasted a point blank shot on target forcing Clark save impressively pushing the ball wide of his goal.
On 72, Briggs with his first touch after replacing Thear, broke through the Harton defence and shot wide from 25 yards out. On 75 Pearson crossed and a Morien header was saved by Greenham, Dunston again pushing on lead by Richardson who played a great one two with Morien before his shot was deflected wide for a corner. From the corner Richardson got in a header which was saved. Morien again chased a ball down to the Harton goal line his pull back into the edge of the box fell to Francis whose shot was collected by Greenham.
On 80 Richardson again had a shot well saved by Greenham before Dunston got their second on 83 as Morien connected a left foot shot which went in off the post giving Greenham no chance. From the restart a through ball saw both Briggs and Morien racing into the area, Briggs got there first and his shot went just wide. Harton replied with a break by Housby whose shot went just over Clarks cross bar. On 88 with both sides still competing Burrell saw yet another shot saved by Greenham before Richardson drilled in a 25 yard shot which beat Greenham for 3-0 to Dunston after 89 minutes. Just before the final whistle Briggs played in a shot which rebounded off the keeper and was cleared.

Final score Harton & Westoe 0  Dunston UTS 3

This was an entertaining and enjoyable game for both spectators with Harton playing some attractive and competitive football which should see them do well in the coming season. Dunston used this game to enhance their fitness and match practice playing a good passing game and creating opportunities for all players, however in the first half these were mostly just wide of the target and in the second half they were thwarted by the agile Greenham in the Harton nets. The goals that were scored were justified and well taken. This was another good workout for both sides.

Harton and Westoe:
Greenham, Wann, Cooper, Burrell, Nugent, Crammen, Housby, Carrol, Stevens, Bulman, Heads.
Subs: Smith (for Cooper 73),
Farrell,  Bell (for Bulman 66),
Vasey (for Stevens 50),
Rogers (for Burrell 66) 

Dunston UTS: Clark, Pearson,
Harrison, Burrell, Atkinson, Gilhespy, Smith, Francis, Wilson, Morien, Thear.
Subs  Richardson (for Wilson 50),
Hodgson (for Wilson 50),
Heslop (for Smith 60),
Briggs (for Thear 71).

Referee, Sam Ross.
Assistants, K. Barron & R. Scott.
Next Home Game...
Friendly vs Handsworth Parramore
25th July, 3:00pm Kick Off.


No comments:

Post a Comment