Saturday, 18 July 2015

Dunston UTS 4 Worksop Town 3

18th July 2014
Dunston UTS 4
Worksop Town 3
Att 180

Dunston entertain Worksop Town at the UTS Stadium today in their second warm up fixture for the 2015/16 season. Dunston's first friendly against Gateshead had shown a lot of promise but manager Billy Irwin had to make a few changes as they had picked up a couple of injuries an players went on prearranged holidays, this means that the back four would be shaken up with new signing Michael Pearson moving into centre back and Stephen Harrison coming back into right back, up front Andrew Bulford comes back in and Richardson plays slightly behind the forwards in midfield, an interestingformation for th Dunston side.

Worksop arrived slightly late and held the start of the game by 10 minutes, there're warm up games had seen some good victories and a defeat to league side Mansfield Town.

Dunston started well and in the 4 minute won a corner which was taken short to Richardson who crossed to Bulford whose header hit the post and fell to Heslop who shot home past a startled side. Worksop responded with a shot by Eliott on 7 which Clark held well, on 8 Jordan forced a low down save by Clark, before Dunston went further ahead after Briggs attacked the Worksop defence on the right, after playing a neat one two with Morien he then placed a shot past the advancing Kennedy in the Worksop goal. Briggs again on 11 put in a 30 yard low shot just past the far post.

Worksop rallied and on 16 Shaw put in a cross / shot which Clark managed to collect in the windy conditions. On 20 minutes Bulford turned his marker and advanced into the Worksop area, but his pass was blocked out by the recovering defence. On 25, Halliday played a cross died ball to Harrison who shot low and just past the far post.

Three minutes later, Dunston got their third goal as Morien read a poor back pass from Wafula to Kennedy, collecting the ball and poking the ball into the empty net. On 31, Morien almost made it 4 but his shot from 15 yards out was blocked by the defence. Dunston were now in command and on 34 Bulford got in a shot across the goal but Kennedy was equal to it and collected the ball.

Three minutes later Morien played a pass back to Richardson whose shot was saved by Kennedy. Worksop almost got a reply after they were awarded a free kick 25 yards out which Ward placed into the top far corner of the Dunston goal, Clark was equal to the shot and just managed to tip the ball over the bar after 40 minutes.

Just before halftime Bulford was fouled in the box by Scott and penalty kick was awarded which Bulford got up to take and he duly hammered home the kick past a diving Kennedy 4‐0 to Dunston

The second half saw some substitutions in the Dunston line up with Halliday, Richardson and Morien being replaced by Hodgson, Thear and Wilson respectively, Worksop remained unchanged and seemed to be buoyant after a stern halftime interval talk from their manager.

The stern talk appeared to work as the Worksop side pressed the Dunston defence which appeared to be containing the Worksop attacks, however on 55 it was Dunston's Thear who created the first chance as his dribble and control ended in a pin point pass through to Bulford only for a very alert Kennedy to collect.

On 65, Burrell played a 25 yard free kick over the cross bar. On 67, Worksop got a goal back as Ball collected a ball in front of goal which he turned and shot past a stranded Clark 4‐1 to Dunston, on 69, Bulford played in a great cross but it was just too high from the attacking Wilson at the back post to head home. On 75 Worksop reduced the deficit further as Ward picked up a rebound in the area and shot home past a stranded Clark.

Immediately Worksop again were on the attack and Ward played in Wooley but his shot went across the Dunston goal and out of play. On 77, Worksop were now back in the game as Jordan received a ball in the box and turned a low shot past Clark to make it 4‐3 to

Dunston. Dunston rallied and on 78 , Wilson just headedover a Bulford cross and then on 85 a Thear shot was deflected over the Worksop cross bar.  Dunston then held their own until the 89 minute when a deep Cottingham cros was thankfully watched over the cross bar by Clark

This was a game of two halves score line wise after a confident Dunston side controlled the first half and scored 4 goals without reply but in the second half a rejuvenated Worksop side after a stiff half time talk from their manager, showed their strengths against a Dunston defence which was weakened after Halliday injury and an imposed reorganisation.

Dunston strived for their first half form but could not add to their first half tally despite making some useful opportunities. All in all a good win and worthwhile game by Dunston against a reasonable side, who on another occasion may have proved more defiant.

Dunston UTS:- Andy Clark, Stephen Harrison, Dan Halliday (Craig Hodgson 46), Dale Burrell, Michael Pearson, Luke Gilhepsy, Matthew Briggs (Andrew Bulford 81), Scott Heslop (Micky Strachan 78), Steven Richardson (Dan Wilson 46),  Andrew Bulford (Malcom Morien 71), Malcolm Morien (Liam Thear 46).
Goals: Heslop (4), Briggs (8), Morien (28), Bulford (45+1 pen)

Worksop Town:- Jon Kennedy, Jono Wafula (Mark Shaw 80), Connor Smythe, Sam Liversidge, Jake Scott, James Cottingham, Steve Woolley (Josh Hobson 84), Tom Elliott (Scott Wesley 89), Jordan Ball, Kyle Jordan, Adam Ward. Unused subs: Chris Adam, Conor Sellars, Ben Townsend
Goals: Ball (66), Ward (75) Jordan (81)

Referee: Adam Herczeg
Assistant referees: Alex Clark & Sam Ross

52 Match pictures.. CLICK HERE

Next home game: verses Handswoth Parramore Friendly no 4, 3:00 KO on
Saturday 25 July 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment