Saturday, 8 August 2015

Bedlington Terriers 0 Dunston UTS 8

Dunston speed past Terriers..
EBAC Northern League
Saturday 8th August 2015
Bedlington Terriers 0
Dunston UTS 8
Dunston travelled for their first league fixture of the 2015‐16 up to Dr Pit Ground, South East Northumberland the home of Bedlington Terriers. For a change over the past seasons it is a nice sunny day and the pitch is dry although nowhere near the perfect playing conditions of the UTS Stadium. Manager Billy Irwin has a full squad to chose from as Steven Speedy Richardson recovers from a foot injury and takes his place in the forward line alongside top scorer of recent seasons Andrew Bulford unlucky not  to be in the starting line up are Liam Thear, Scott Martindale Dan Wilson and Malcolm Morien who all make the bench.

As early as the 4th minute, Dunston looked on top as Francis had a shot on target blocked and cleared, Bedlington replied as Walton turned on the edge of the box but Gilhespy blocked his shot, meanwhile the ball was played through for Richardson but the Bedlington keeper came out quickly and looked to have handled outside of his box as he blocked Speedys run, but the officials did not concur and play continued.
From a corner Stoneman headed wide of the target. On 10, Wilkinson met a Francis corner 10 yards out and he hammered home a volley firmly into the Bedlington net 1‐0 to Dunston. 3 minutes later Dunston were denied a penalty after Bulford chased down a ball which the goal keeper was unable to clear, as Bulford got past him the keeper blatantly fouled Bulford but the officials again did not concur and Again the keeper Staples was saved from disciplinary action. On 17, Dunston got their second goal again from a set play this time from the left, Francis played a low cross into the front post and Dan Halliday firmly hit it into the Bedlington net with his right foot.
Dunston were firmly in control although on occasions Bedlington did get breaks without really troubling Connell's goal. On 20, Richardson again was played into the Bedlington area sprinting from the halfway line, his shot was parried by Staples and the rebound fell to Francis whose shot was saved well by Staples. On 27, Matty Briggs showed the Bedlington defenders a clean pair of heels, getting into the box he drew Staples towards him where they collided leaving Staples on the ground a bit groovy, the referee blew to stop play as Briggsys shot was blocked by a defender.

On 33, McBride put in a Deep cross but Connelll watched it go over his bar. In full control Dunston only had one further chance in the half as Briggs got clear on 43, however his effort went wide of the target.

Half Time.. Bedlington 0 Dunston 2

Dunston resumed control after the break as Briggs shot on 47 was parried by Staples, before he recovered and collected the ball, the third goal was not long coming as Francis played a deep cross into the back post where Bulford was lurking and his header beat the defenders on the line. On 53, Smith crossed from the right and Little was fortunate as his skewed clearance went across goal for a corner. Bedlingtons McGlen was not so lucky as Briggs pinched the ball on the right apex of the area and unleashed a powerful drive past Staples and into the net for 4‐0 after 55 minutes.
On 57 Richardson again one v one on the keeper, Staples but he was unable to beat the Bedlington keeper on this occasion.

On 61 Pearson crossed and Bulfords' header was deflected towards the grateful Staples. 5 minutes later, Richardson got his reward as again he was played through the Bedlington defence and on this occasion drove an unstoppable shot under the approaching Staples for 5‐0 on 66 minutes.

A minute later, Thear on for Burrell crossed for Morien, also a replacement for Bulford, but his header was saved. On a rare venture into the Dunson box Stonebanks on 69 was able to head a cross back across goal towards Walton at the opposite post, Walton was however unable to direct the ball and it went safely out of play. On 75 Morien got in on the Dunston goal rush as he received a ball into the area from Wilson, on for Richardson, and he took it past Staples before placing the ball into the empty net 6‐0.
5 minutes later Morien met a low cross from Thear at the back post which he headed home for number 7. With 85 minutes on the clock Morien got his ten minute hat‐trick as he hammered home a shot from 20 yards out giving Staples no chance. Dunston carried on to the final whistle against a disconsolate Bedlington side as on 88 Francis put in a shot which Staples managed to tip over the bar and then Briggs collected a ball from a corner on 89 minutes which he hit just wide of the target.

Final Time Score... Bedlington 0 Dunston 8

The Dunston side fulfilled the wishes of the management and fans playing a game which had been promised in the pre-season friendly games along with their shooting boots they never gave Bedlington a realistic chance, in fact Connell did not have to make a save during the whole game. Whereas the Bedlington defence was continually in trouble with some great defence splitting balls that the Dunston forwards created with their runs along and across the back four. It was good to watch from a Dunston point of view while still leaving a little room for improvement.

Bedlington Terriers:

Staples, McGlen L, Skidmore (Nellis 26), Davison (Harvey 65), Little, Stoneman, McBride, Ferrell, Walton, Briggs D, Hudson. Subs not used: Stephenson, Nairn, McGlen K.

Dunston UTS:

Connelll, Pearson, Halliday, Burrell (Thear 65), Wilkinson, Gilhespy, Smith, Francis, Richardson (Wilson 67), Bulford (Morien 63), Briggs. Subs not used: Martindale Clark.
Referee.. Dave Watson.
Assistants..Stephen Birkiet and Kevin McKitterick.
Match Pictures can be viewed HERE

Programme £1:50


Next home game: v NL League Sunderland RCA on Wednesday 11 August 2015
7:30 pm Kick off.

No comments:

Post a Comment