Saturday, 29 August 2015

Holker Old Boys 0 Dunston UTS 2

Saturday 29th August 2015
FA Cup Preliminary Round
Holker Old Boys 0
Dunston UTS 2

Dunston travelled to West of the country to Barrow to play Holker Old Boys in their FA Cup Preliminary Round game of the season. Dunston suffered their first set back of the season in their home defeat to Washington where they also conceded their first goal in competitive football losing 1‐0. The goal coming in the last 5 minutes, leaving them more determined to get a result today and further their run in the FA cup and a game against North Shields or Kendal Town in the next round.

Dunston started kicking up hill and against a stiff breeze and started controlling play in the Holker half, on 4, Francis cross and the Holker keeper Bell nervously punched clear Holker tried to get in the game with long balls but the Dunston defence were coping well. On 10, Richardson was fouled on edge of box, a free kick awarded, Burrell played short to Francis shot just over bar, on 11, Holker attacked and Hubbold crossed to Grundy who could not control, After 15 a neat one two between Francis and Richardson produced across from Francis which was deflected for a corner, 3 minutes later almost an own goal against Dunston as an indecision between Wilkinson and Connell resulted in Wilkinson heading back against the advancing Connell who just managed to deflect the ball wide of the goal. On 22 Martindale cleared a ball to Burrell whose clearance was blocked and the ball went wide of post.

On 26 Grundy shot was blocked Gareth Smith Picked up the loose ball and Connell pulled off a good save. Dunston rallied and Martindale won a chase on the right wing and his cross was flicked on by Richardson at the front post only to be deflected for a corner to Dunston. On 29, Dunston deservedly took the lead as Luke Gilhespy won a good challenge and played a through ball to Richardson who turned his mana shot into the Holker net.
Holker replied and Grundy got the ball into the net after he had fouled Halliday in chase for a long ball. On 36, Bulford was played through and was pulled back by Coombes from the awarded free kick was blocked and cleared. On 38, Halliday had to clear a low cross over his own cross bar under a challenge from the Holker winger Jamie Pattinson. It remained 1‐0 to Dunston up to halftime.

Dunston started the second half on top and Bulfordplayed in across which had to be cleared for a corner, from the corner taken by Francis was cleared to Burrell, Burrell played the ball out to Francis who returned a deep cross just past the far post. On 50, Bulford again beat the offside and crossed to Richardson who shot was deflected for a corner. Francis' corner bobbled around the goal area before Bell was able to collect.
On 51 Hodgson headed through to Richardson who broke clear of the defence and shot against the advancing Bell who saved with his legs. Minute later Richardson header off a Francis corner struck the post and bounced clear. On 63, Richardson was fed by Dan Smith and his shot was blocked and cleared. Within a minute Richardson fed a ball outto Francis who steadied and and crossed to the back post and just wide of the post.

On 66 Wilkinson shifted the ball out of defence and Bulford again beat the offside and low cross into Francris in the middle of goal was shot home for 2‐0 to Dunston.

On 67, Richardson fed Bulford whose shot was blocked and the goalkeeper collected and then Moss had shot cleared by Wilkinson, before Jamie Pattinson shot from 25 yards over  the bar.

On 71, a substitution saw Burrell moving to right back as Briggs came on for Martindale. Within 2 minutes Burrell played in adept cross which was just too high for Bulford at the back post. On 75, Richardson was again played through but Bell came out to clear.

On 86 Briggs played a ball through to Thear who was tackled as his shot went in. Holker pushed in the latter stages as Moss played a cross come shot over the bar, In time added on Briggs broke clear and his shot was saved by Bell before the last Holker opportunity saw a Hubbold close ranged shot saved by Connell and Jamie Patterson fired the rebound over the bar.

Full Time Score Holder OB 0 Dunston UTS FC 2

Dunston fulfilled a good win in testing conditions of a stiff wind in the first half and a determined Holker side in the second half. Two well taken goals made sure of a win but they had to work right up to the final whistle.

Dunston Man of the Match: Craig Hodgson, Played a safe methodical game with some important challenges in front of the defence, while some good balls gave the forwards some great opportunities. Good displays by Bulford and Richardson who were fed by Burrell, Smith and Francis who battled in a packed midfield. The Dunston defence were pushed but ably controlled most of the Holker attacks.

Holker Old Boys: Bell, Bonner, Redhead, Coombes, Hefferman, Stanway (Brought 70), Pattinson (J), Grundy, Ruston, Hubbold, Smith. (G). (Moss 57)  Subs not used: Parker, Pattinson (S) Bamiguye.

Dunston UTS: Connell, Martindale (Briggs 77), Halliday, Burrell, Wilkinson, Gilhespy, Francis, Hodgson, Richardson (Thear 85), Bulford (Dixon 79), Smith, (D).
Report By T.C.

Next Home Game: EBAC Northern League v Ashington Saturday 5 September 2015 KO 3:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment