Saturday, 12 March 2016

Three nil away to Consett..

EBAC Northern League Division
12th March 2016
Consett 0

Dunston UTS 3
Dunston travelled again, this time to play a league game against Consett . The game started with both sides finding their feet on the all weather pitch and it was an error in the Consett defence that created the opening goal on 5 minutes as Richardson chased down a ball between Madden and goalkeeper Jefferies and was able to poke a shot past the out coming keeper and into the empty net. 5 minutes later Dunstons cause was helped as Sullivan was sent off for alleged stamping on the grounded Fisher

Dunston with the extra man advantage still found it difficult to break down a stubborn Consett defence. Consett now playing with one man up front were still causing the Dunston defence to be alert and on 15 it looked like they would equalise as a Craggs cross found Sweet free on the right and only an outstretched foot by the out coming Clark deflected the ball clear. On 19, a long clearance by Clark was collected by Thear who crossed but Richardson was unable to direct a shot, under challenge and Jefferies was able to claim the lofted shot.

Consett had another chance on 21 as Smith shot a volley on target and Clark punched clear. Consett continued to push on and a Grant cross found Craggs but his shot was well saved by Clark, from the resulting corner Consett gain almost scored as the ball was deflected for another corner. On 37, Dunston were awarded a penalty as Hawkins fouled Fisher who had dribbled into the box, Fisher took the penalty and Jefferies saved low to his left and then Fisher played the rebound over the bar.

Just before half time a Craggs crosS was well controlled by Sweet and only a timely challenge by new signing Michael Liddle saved another shot on the Dunston goal and kept the score to 1-0 at half time.

The second half continued as the first with the hard working Consett creating pressure on the Dunston side and on 53, Sweet turned on the edge of the box and played in a shot which was deflected but Clark was able to collect. Dunstons first chance of the second half came on 59 as a Pearson cross gave substitute Morien a header which went wide of the far post, Consett playing like they had the extra man almost equalised on 63 as scuffed shot from Smith fell to Steel whose shot on target was saved by Clark.

On 64, Fisher ran at the defence and played a short ball to Morien who shot wide of the target. Two minutes later a Liddle cross from the left was met by Morien whose header into the bottom corner gave Jefferies no chance to save. 2-0 to Dunston. Consett still pushed on and within a minute a Gibbons shot was parried over the bar by Clark.

Another Dunston chance went by as a Thear cross was headed clear of the goal for a corner. On 75 a Smith cross was met by Consett substitute Nelliss who was just unable to direct his attempt on target, again on 78, Gibbons picked up a loose clearance but his shot was blocked and cleared. On 83 Guerin ran into the box but before he was able to shoot, he was fouled by Grant who was the last man and was sent off for preventing a goal scoring opportunity, Morien this time made no mistake from the spot kick to make it 3-0 to Dunston.

Dunston Man of the Match: Andy Clark -this was a game that Consett did not deserve to lose and but for some good saves by Andy, Consett would have gotten something from this game as the Dunston side failed to take advantage of the extra man for most of the game.

Consett: Jeffries, Grant, Lavery, McKinnon, Madden, Hawkins, Sullivan, Smith, Steel (Gibbons 67), Craggs (Mordue 80), Sweet (Nellis 67). Subs not used: Little, Stafford.

Dunston: Clark, Pearson, Liddle, Fisher (Martindale 86), Wilkinson, Gilhespy, Luccock, Francis, Richardson, Thear (Guerin 80), Bowey (Morien 45) Subs not used: Connell,  J. Clark.

Report by T.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment