Friday, 5 September 2014

Crook Town 1 Dunston UTS 3

Dunston scrape home ...

3rd September 2014
Northern League
Crook Town 1
Dunston UTS 3 (Bulford, Burrell, Fenwick)

Dunston travelled for their second away league fixture against Crook Town in the EBAC Northern League Division 1 fixture with 5 victories in their previous games FA Cup (2) and in the league (3) most recently against West Auckland 2-1.
Crook have had a poor start to the season and only have 2 draws to show for their efforts this season and lost to Shildon in the FA Cup. Dunston whose side were involved in a charity game on Sunday is without Craggs, but otherwise virtually at full strength with Dan Wilson and Steven Shaw, recovered from injuries, able to take places on the bench.

Dunston started well winning a corner as Bulford was fed in by Burrell, Bulford cross was turned out, from the corner taken by Halliday played into back post and Coulson put it the wrong side of the post. Aminute later Bulford won another corner, this time Coulson could not turn Burrell's corner kick on target. In the 9th minute Crook got their first break as Pinkney crossed but Connell collected, 3 minutes later Thexford was played in by Brazauskas, his poked shot beat Connell and hit the far post where Haliday cleared under pressure from Blackburn a let off for Dunston.
A minute later The ball was played in for Thexford but he could not stretch long enough to direct his shot. On 18, Halliday crossed and Fenwick pushed in the area while gaining possession, on 19, Fenwick had a shot from the edge of the box and the keeper parried the ball to a defender who cleared. A minute later Thexford chased a long ball and got clear, but Coulson recovered the situation and cleared. On 22, Halliday fed Fenwick on the left wing, his cross however evaded the attackers. 2 minutes later Blackburn put in across which Burrell headed clear. On 25, a Halliday corner went to AB and the return  ball saw Halliday put in across to the back post which evaded all and went out of play.
On 29 Bulford played in Fenwick on the left, his approach went into the box and his shot was deflected for a corner. Burrell's corner was met by Bulford, and his pass to Hodgson was flicked wide of the target. On 31, Halliday played in Bulford whose cross was deflected for a corner. A minute later, a Burrell corner to the back post was failed to be cleared under pressure from Coulson, the ball fell to Fenwick who prodded home from 1 yard out 1-0 to Dunston. crook rallied and Brazauskas put in across which Connell and Halliday watched go wide. From the restart, Ormston crossed to Fenwick in the clear but Graham in the Crook nets reacted well and collected.
A minute later, Halliday and Fenwick combined but Halliday cross was too long. On 38, Dunston should have gone 2 up as Fenwick chased a long ball clearance, his advance drew the keeper, but his pass to Bulford was behind him and Bulfords  turned attempt was saved by Graham. 2 minutes later, Fenwick shot over from 20 yards and just before half time Bulford had a shot saved from 25 yards after being fed through by Halliday.

Half Time Score: 0 - 1

The second half started with Dunston again forcing play and as Hodgson advanced on 46 minutes Greenwell lunged in to a tackle connecting with his right leg and was immediately sent off, Hodgson was dispatched to hospital and replaced by Steven Shaw, Crook also replaced Pinkney with Clarke to shore up their defence. After a delay of 5 minutes, Bulford placed the free kick wide of the goal. On 57, a Kane cross to Fenwick at the back post whose shot was saved by Graham. Dunston with the extra man were pressing for another goal but Crook were still dangerous on the break, on 59, Ormstons header was saved after adeft Bulford chip to the back post. A minute later, Burrell crossed and a Coulson header was from 15 yards went wide.
On 65, Dixon Ormston and Shaw combined for a Shaw shot which was parried by the goalkeeper to Fenwick who headed home but was said to be offside. On 67, A poor clearance was picked up by Brazauskas but his shot was saved by Connell, On 70 Brazauskas and Blackburn combined and Brazauskas placed a shot inside the back post for the equaliser. On 73 Shaw chased almost cause to the byline and pulled back across to Fenwick whose volley went wide. On 75, Fenwick was played clear through by Burrell but the alert Graham was there to save as Fenwick tried to round him.
On 81 Dixon hit the post from a Bulford cross from 3 yards out, and then Bulford shot was saved, after Gilhespy played him through. Bulford again minutes later had a volley deflected by a defender, from a Wrightson cross was headed to Shaw, Bulford again shot but the advancing keeper saved. On 88 Burrell's shot was beaten away by Graham. in added on time the Dunston assault built up and Coulson shot was blocked from a Burrell corner. Crook were awarded a free kick from 20 yards but the wall  did it's job.
A long clearance from Burrell to Bulford, saw Bulford lose his marker  and place the ball past Graham for 2-1. Deep into added on time another ball in behind the Crook defence was chased by Wilson and Shaw, Wilson was pushed in the box in his attempts and a penalty was awarded, Burrell stepped up to shot home and 3-1 to Dunston. 

Full Time Score: 1 -  3

Dunston Man of the Match: Dan Halliday, after Saturday team performance tonight's game was a series of misplaced passes and challenges which gave Crook opportunities to score, however Dan Halliday was consistently involved both in defence and attacking moves creating opportunities for Fenwick and Bulford. andy Bulford was our most prominent forward and deserved his goal, despite carrying an injury for the last 15 minutes immediately after the Wilson substitution.

Crook Town:   Graham, Lovegreen, Mitchell, Cocks, Greenwell, Renshaw, Blackburn, Holbrook, Thexton (Armstrong 76),  Pinkney (Clarke 51), Brazauskas. Subs not used: Wells, Harrison, 

Dunston UTS:- Connell, Burrell, Halliday, Hodgson (S. Shaw 50), Coulson, Gilhespy, Ormston, Dixon (Cpt), Fenwick ( Wilson 82), Bulford, Kane ( Wightman 71) Subs not used... Gary Shaw, Jack Burns.

Referee.. D. Woodward, Assistants.. A. Williamson, D. Carr.

Report by T.C.

Next game, League, 6th September, Dunston UTS v Bishop Auckland.

No comments:

Post a Comment